Simple & Delicious Fish Pie
Whip up this delicious fish pie thanks to Wildsea Australian Seafood
An easy, yet delicious winter warmer. This fish pie is simple to make and has the goodness of fish which is filled with omega-3 fatty acids, low in fat and rich in protein. Serve with a fresh green salad and home made chips to a make wholesome meal the whole family will enjoy.
- 300gms Sweet Lip Snapper from Wildsea Australian Seafoods - diced into chunky pieces
- 100gms Butter
- 100gms Flour plus extra to flour fish
- 130gms Mushrooms, sliced
- 100gms Spinach, cooked
- 1 Clove of Garlic, finely chopped
- 250gms Cream Cheese
- 3 Eggs, (2 whole eggs whisked, and 1 Egg Yolk)
- 200mls Milk
- Salt & White Pepper
- 10mls Olive Oil
- 5-7 Sheets of Filo Pastry
CREAM CHEESE BASE
- In a saucepan on medium heat, brown onions and stir in garlic then add mushrooms.
- Add butter, cook slowly and add flour into the saucepan and stir constantly.
- When flour and butter are combined, add milk and cream cheese,keep stirring until combined
- Add cooked spinach and mix through mixture
- Remove from heat and put aside
MAKING THE PIE
- Pre heat oven to 170c
- Season fish with salt and pepper, lightly coat with flour
- Heat a fry-pan with olive oil and sear fish on both sides.
TIP - Don’t cook the fish completely
- Add 2 eggs into cream cheese mixture
- Oil pie tin and line the base with filo pastry sheets
- Place half the cream cheese mixture into tin, then layer with fish mixture and then cover with remaining cream cheese mixture
- Cover with remaining filo pastry to create a pie top
- Brush with egg yolk
- Bake for 35-45 mins until top is crispy and golden brown
TIP - Serve with fresh green salad and home made chips!